- Gary Sousa was a long time Democrat and tried to blame the the Town of Plainfield’s persecution of him because of his support of First Selectman candidate Democrat Don Gladding.
- Don Gladding ran for the CT 44 seat in 2006 and lost.
- Mae Flexer was campaigning in the district while this incident was unfolding.
- According to the Better Business Bureau, Automobile Dealers as an industry group have some of the highest numbers a reports of sexual harassment.
- The Small Business Express Loan Sousa received was targeted for the towing portion of the business. K-Town Automotive claims to be a AAA affiliate which means that Sousa potentially could be in a position to help stranded motorist all all times of the day or night.